1. The transfer of town-owned property located at 332 Colonel Ledyard Highway, Ledyard approximately 96.52+/- acres (Founders Preserve) to the Avalonia Land Conservancy to remain open to the public for passive recreation and to be protected in perpetuity under the Conservancy’s care with the following conditions:
- The existing 1,800 square foot house and associated land would be subdivided off the land, at Avalonia Land Conservancy’s expense.
- Avalonia Land Conservancy would allow for the continuation of bow hunting on the Founders Preserve Property in accordance with Ordinance #100-018 “An Ordinance Providing for Archery Hunting on Certain Town-Owned Lands:.
- Avalonia Land Conservancy will pay for all conveyances and fees regarding the transfer of the property.
- In the event Avalonia Land Conservancy determines they no longer wish
ed to own or no longer can own the so-called Founders Preserve Property, Avalonia will first offer the property back to the Town of Ledyard as the last owner of record. Such conveyance will be at no cost to the Town, other than customary recording and legal fees. The Town shall have 120 days to accept or reject re-acquisition. The Town shall notify Avalonia in writing of its intent to accept or reject. Should the Town choose not to accept the property back, Avalonia will then have the right to convey the parcel to a third party of their choice.
2. Proposed amendments to Ordinance #300-011 “An Ordinance Providing for the Term of Office and Appointment of the Zoning Board of Appeals and Establishing a Fee Schedule for the Town of Ledyard”
Interested persons may submit written communications to:
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
The Remote Meeting Participation Information
for the Video Conference and Draft Ordinance
will be provided on the Town’s website at www.ledyardct.org.
located under the Agendas & Minutes tab.
Dated at Ledyard, Connecticut this 15th day of October, 2020.
For the Ledyard Town Council
s/s Linda C. Davis, Chairman
Published on the Town Website: October 15, 2020 & October 19, 2020